A good early pearlware figure of a lady gardener with original bocage. Although unmarked, this figure could possibly be attributed to Salt. Good provenance; Oliver Sutton label to the underside. In very good condition.
Send Enquiry forA Delightful Pearlware Figure of The Tithe Pig Group
Reference: Myrna Schkolne, Holding the Past, Page 309, possible pair to Fig 316 far right.
A good early pearlware figure of Putti standing with a basket of flowers, lead glazed earthenware with enamel decoration, probably made by Enoch Wood c. 1820. Just the most cutest face you will ever see.
Send Enquiry forA Delightful Pearlware Group Figure of the Sailors Farewell
An fine early pearlware dog baiting a bull. One of the best models of a bull produced by the Staffordshire potters at the beginning of the 19th century.
This piece is wonderful quality, the bull shown here well modelled being worried by a dog. Totally original with just the tip of one horn having been professionally restored.
Send Enquiry forA Fabulous Pearlware Figure of a Girl Reading
A fine small bust of Heraclitus known as the “weeping philosopher ” because he found man’s condition melancholy. The companion bust to Democritus, a Greek philosopher and founder of atomic theory, is known as the “laughing philosopher” because he found man’s condition ridiculous. Possibly attributed to Wood & Caldwell.
Reference: John & Griselda Lewis Pratt Ware 1780-1840, Page 104, Fig 64
An underglaze coloured watch stand in the form of a long case clock, decorated in relief with small groups of classical figures, coloured in yellow, puce, red, green and blue. The central figure is framed in a border of stiff leaves painted in shades of green an red. The tall clock is flanked by the figures of children wearing red drapery. The figures each side of the clock lean on raised pedestals. The flat rectangular base plate is sponged in red and brown. Interestingly there are two pierced holes from manufacture to the front of the base, it is thought that their intention was to enable the piece to be fixed with screws to the top of a mantle shelf.